Our vision is of a diverse and tolerant society in which people are inspired to make a positive difference within their communities. Our mission is to promote a vibrant community and voluntary sector capable of shaping the future of the city for the benefit of local people. Our aim is to provide our sector and our members with a clear and strong voice. We can do this by:
- proactively informing people and communities about the issues that could directly affect them
- developing the influence of the community and voluntary sector in public sector policy development and decision making
- supporting networking between community and voluntary organisations. so that they can share experience and good practice
Following our values
Our aims will best be achieved by our:
- ensuring that all local communities are able to take part in our activities by being inclusive
- striving to be creative in all of our work by being innovative
- being led by our members, and therefore their communities, by ensuring our independence
- working in partnership with others to increase effectiveness by being co-operative
- ensuring that our activities are open and clear to all by being transparent and accountable
Our formally defined details
Our memorandum and articles of association, and various other formal douments concerning our structure and management, can be found on the page about our Board of Trustees >>>
We have a range of policies and procedures which underpin the way that CVSF works. Details of our individual policies can be found by going to our policies page >>>
CVSF has created a range of 'position statements', which reflect the key priorities of our members (including those members who are experts in a specialist area). These help CVSF to:
- clearly represent the views of our members, particularly at strategic partnership meetings;
- and help focus everyone (individuals, community groups, the public sector and private sector organisations) on our common objectives.
Our current position statements are available to everyone for reference.
CVSF is a Mindful employer.
The Charter for Employers who are Positive about Mental Health is a voluntary agreement seeking to support employers in working within the spirit of its positive approach. The Charter is one element of the MINDFUL EMPLOYER® initiative which is aimed at increasing awareness of mental health in the workplace and supporting businesses in recruiting and retaining staff.
A wide range of employers from all over the UK are involved in the initiative which gives businesses and organisations easier access to information, practical support, training, networks and assistance from other employers.
MINDFUL EMPLOYER is facilitated by Workways, a service run by Devon Partnership NHS Trust. More information at www.mindfulemployer.net