CVSF runs a variety of events and network meetings every year. We use the ground rules below as a starting point for all of our events and conferences, and add to them as members request.
- Switch mobile phones off!
- Allow people to disagree
- Challenge the issue not the person
- Confidentiality(i): In general, people can leave the meeting and repeat what was said, but not who said it
- Confidentiality(ii): People may raise specific issues and ask for them to be kept within the group. Let the scribe know if you don't want comments noted (notes on flipcharts are public)
- Don't interrupt each other
- Do encourage participation
- No Jargon please
- Don't use language which could be construed as discriminatory or is offensive to others
- Don't use general statements which stereotype communities
- Do not use your status to undermine others
- Treat each other with respect