City Engagement Partnership
The City Engagement Partnership (CEP) exists to lead, develop and support active community engagement in city-wide strategic planning and decision-making processes. Key outcomes include improving local service delivery, supporting partnership working across the statutory, voluntary and business sector and ultimately and reducing inequality in Brighton and Hove. The CEP seeks to drive up the quality of engagement activities with citizens and communities and works to ensure that high quality engagement is applied consistently within the work of all of the family of partnerships. The CEP works to and promotes the principles laid out in the city's Community Engagement Framework.
The City Engagement Partnership aims to:
- Provide strategic leadership around engagement, discussing partners planned engagement activities and providing advice and guidance
- Be the place in the city where partners share best practice and lessons learnt from previous engagement activities
- Provide consistent messages about how engagement should be carried out and provide tools and resources to enable this
- Be a critical friend; providing ‘challenge’ to colleagues in a safe space and offering solutions to problems presented
- Be the place in the city where resources and expertise around engagement is shared by all partners (including data) to avoid duplication of activities and prevent organisations from working in isolation.
The CEP was formerly the Stronger Communities Partnership.
For more information click on the following links:
Meetings (including papers)
For further information contact Lisa Mytton